'Who am I' you ask? Let me think... I am a being of both mundane and arcane construction. My name does not matter for I can give you many names; names of those who are long buried and forgotten or names of those who are yet to be born. My name is of no use to you unless you wish to call me by it.
Who am I?
I am both seen and unseen with a twisted cunning. I am an apparation seen in front of your eyes yet I am the man behind you unseen. I am both yet I am nothing in between. I can be the old man by the sea or the infant in 'rock a by baby'. I am the exact opposite of myself.
Who am I?
I am who I cannot be: I can be the tyrant who would devour the world's essence. I can be the poltergeist who knocks under your bed with mischief. I can be the dog who is scraping on your door begging for food. I can be the very air you breathe. More amusingly. I can be you.
Who am I?
I am the being who is nowhere yet anywhere. I can be in oblivion. I can be just outside your window lurking on the edge of light. I can be in your room, hiding in some dark cranny as I eye you with intent. I can be right behind you... breathing down your neck as I lean forward with cold hands ready to wrap around your throat.. Look behind you, do not; I am already inside your head.
Who am I?
I am the being who mingled with the dead, learning their existence. I am the dead who mingles with the undying. Death is no excuse to being inexistent rather it be the reason to being immortal.
Who am I?
I can be the cup from which you drink the draught of life. I can be the cup from which you would drink your poison. Drink from me but I won't tell you of which I presently am. Nay, don't guard your lips for you do not drink from me with your mouth; you take from me by your ears and your eyes - thru your mind.
Who am I?
I am the weaver of words who talk by riddles. I am the linker of letters who speak with phrases concise. I am a joiner of sentences, a mender of broken syllables. I am a being from which stanzas and paragraphs are born. I am a writer. Yes, I can be all that I want to be with ease. All that I want to be and more.
I am done and my tea's gone cold. So tell me, who are you?
:)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home